Assigning Editors to Submissions
In general you will assign 3 editors to each submission which goes to publication:
- You assign your self
- You assign an Associate Editor for the peer review process
- You assign a section editor for copyediting and layout
Follow the following steps to assign these editors:
- Open the submission in the "unassigned" queue
- On the Summary page under the "Editors" heading click "add self" to add yourself as an editor.
- note that the roles "review" and "editing" are both checked - as a senior editor you always have access to both review and editing process.
- Navigate to the summary page for the submission and the "Editors" section
- Click "add section editor"
- Browse to the editor you wish to assign the copyedit and laout work for the submission --> click assign next to their name.
- Send or skip the email requesting their service on this submission
The following screencast demonstrates the process:http://screencast.com/t/Z93XzQiEX0