Submission Preparation Checklist
All submissions must meet the following requirements.
- The file being submitted is in PDF format and is envisioned as the final and complete version. It follows the style sheet in all respects and does not require proofreading for grammatical, spelling, or punctuation errors. The items in the list of references have all the required informational components and conform to the style and formatting specifications.
- The editorial team will add branding and copyright information to articles, is likely to do some minor copyediting, and will indicate completion of the layout procedure by noting completion in the discussion area under the Copyediting tab. It is the submitting author's responsibility to inspect the file in the Copyedited slot after completion of the layout procedure and to inform the editorial team if corrections are needed.
- The submitting author, being duly authorized by all authors, agrees to the terms and conditions set forth in the Copyright Notice and to those on personal data collection and use in the Privacy Statement at the bottom of this page.
This agreement licenses the Linguistic Society of America (LSA) to publish your article in the Proceedings of the Linguistic Society of America. It includes provisions relating to copyright and permission for re-use which may not be applicable to your article, in which case they are to be considered "not applicable." However, if you have formally registered a copyright for your work with any government agency, you will need to enter the details specified in paragraphs 2 (line 3) and 4 in the Comments to the Editor field below. If you are re-using any work under copyright, please use the Comments to the Editor field to provide the information requested in paragraph 5, with the understanding that the LSA will then arrange for delivery from the author of the permissions from the relevant copyright owners.
COPYRIGHT LICENSE AGREEMENT
FOR Proceedings of the Linguistic Society of America
This Copyright License Agreement (the "Agreement") is entered into and effective this ____ day of ________, 20__ (the "Effective Date"), by and between _____________ ("Licensor") and Linguistic Society of America ("LSA"), a District of Columbia non-profit corporation.
WHEREAS, Licensor is the sole and exclusive owner and copyright holder of certain written work (the "Work") as described in Paragraph 2; and
WHEREAS, Licensor wishes to publish the Work in Proceedings of the Linguistic Society of America; and
WHEREAS, Licensor agrees to license the Work to LSA for publication in Proceedings of the Linguistic Society of America pursuant to the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License the "CC BY 4.0 License", which is
NOW, THEREFORE, intending to be legally bound, in consideration of the foregoing and of the mutual covenants and agreements contained herein, and subject to the satisfaction of the terms and conditions set forth herein, the parties agree as follows:
- License. Licensor grants to LSA a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish, republish, distribute, sell, license, transfer, transmit, and publicly display copies of, and otherwise use the Work described in Paragraph 2, in Proceedings of the Linguistic Society of America, in accordance with, and subject to the terms and conditions of CC BY 4.0 License. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which is incorporated into this agreement. The Work may be used by LSA in whole or in part, alone or in compilations, in all formats and media (including electronic, digital, online, and other media to be conceived or developed), by any method, device, or process, and through any channels, now known or later conceived or developed by LSA for Proceedings of the Linguistic Society of Americ, including, but not limited to, publication of the Work via a third-party publisher or LSA's website. It is understood and agreed that the license granted hereunder expressly allows LSA to sell or license a compilation of materials or a collective work containing the Work copyrighted by Licensor and/or access thereto. To the extent of any conflict between the incorporated terms of the CC BY 4.0 License and the other terms and conditions of this Agreement, the other terms and conditions of this Agreement shall prevail.
- Work. The Work subject to the granted license is set forth as follows (provide applicable detail regarding licensed materials):
Copyright Registration Date and Serial Number (if any) _____________
- Title to Intellectual Property. Licensor shall retain all right, title and interest in and to the Work, including without limitation, copyrights, trademarks and any other rights and interests. This Agreement does not convey to LSA any right, title or interest in the Work, nor a portion thereof, but only constitutes a license to use the Work as specified herein.
- Copyright Acknowledgement. Full credit and acknowledgement of the original source of the Work and the following copyright statement will be published with the Work as follows:
©20XX author name here. Printed with the permission of author(s) under a CC BY 4.0 license.
- Permissions (if applicable). If (a) the Work contains copyrighted material in any format or media (including text, graphic, audio, visual, electronic, or digital) owned by a third-party or (b) supplemental copyrighted material in any format or media (including text, graphic, audio, visual, electronic, or digital) owned by a third-party is to be reproduced, published, republished, distributed, sold, licensed, transferred, transmitted, displayed, or otherwise used in connection with the Work, then Licensor, at Licensor's sole expense, shall obtain written permission from the copyright owner, in a form and scope acceptable to LSA, for such use of the copyrighted material in the Work or in connection with the publication of the Work. Licensor shall deliver all written permissions for such use of the copyrighted material to LSA together with the Work. Delivery of all required written permissions is a condition of publication of the Work by LSA. Full credit and acknowledgement of the original source of the copyrighted material will be published with the Work or in connection with the Work as follows:
Printed with the permission of _______. Copyright 20__ _______________.
The copyrighted material is set forth as follows (provide applicable detail regarding copyrighted material):
Copyright Owners(s): _______________
- Warranties. Licensor represents and warrants that: (a) Licensor is the sole owner and copyright holder of the Work, Licensor has not assigned, pledged, or otherwise encumbered the Work, Licensor has the right, title, interest and authority to enter into this Agreement; (b) the Work is an original work, which has not been previously published in its current iteration in any format or media, (c) the Work does not infringe or violate any copyright or any other proprietary or personal right of any third-party; (d) the Work contains no material that is libelous, in violation of any right of privacy or publicity, harmful, or illegal so as to subject LSA to liability to any third-party or which is otherwise contrary to law.
- Indemnification. Licensor shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless LSA and its officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, contractors, licensees, assignees, and transferees from and against any and all loss, damage, expense (including reasonable attorneys' fees and legal costs), recovery, or judgment arising from any breach or alleged breach of any of the Licensor's warranties.
- Severability. In the event one or more of the provisions of this Agreement is declared invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall be unimpaired.
- Modification and Assignment. This Agreement may not be assigned, modified, waived, revised or amended except by a written instrument signed by both parties.
- Relationship of Parties. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to constitute, create, give effect to or otherwise recognize a partnership, joint venture or formal business entity of any kind; and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be limited to those expressly set forth herein.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia and the United States of America and any claim or cause of action arising under this Agreement shall be adjudicated exclusively in the courts located in the District of Columbia.
- Waiver. No requirement of the Agreement shall be deemed waived or varied, nor shall either party's failure or delay to assert any default of the other party constitute a waiver of a party's rights hereunder, or a waiver of a party's right to assert any subsequent or continued breach by the other party of any covenant, term or condition contained in this Agreement.
- Complete Agreement. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements and constitutes the entire understanding between the parties hereto and no modification or amendment thereof will bind either party unless it shall be in writing and signed by persons authorized to bind both parties to the Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, each party has caused this Agreement to be executed on its behalf by a duly authorized officer as of the Effective Date.